BAME Communities and Dementia - Evidence and Learning
The evaluation of our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Communities and Dementia initiative is being carried out by Blake Stevenson. The Trust funded four BAME projects.
The key aims of the evaluation are to determine:
- the extent to which the projects are creating better lives for people living with dementia and unpaid carers from different minority ethnic communities
- any barriers and challenges that the projects have faced and how they, where possible, overcame them
- the extent to which the projects provide short, medium and long-term Post Diagnostic Support for people from minority ethnic communities affected by dementia
- the extent to which the projects work in partnership and any significant benefits this partnership working brings
- the likelihood that these projects will be sustained in the long term
- how the projects have contributed to deeper learning about what helps to improve the lives of people living with dementia in minority ethnic communities, and how this learning can be shared more widely
We will publish their report in Summer 2020.