The Coalition of Carers in Scotland’s 'What to Expect' guidance leaflets
The Coalition of Carers in Scotland received a Life Changes Trust Peer-to-Peer Resources Award to expand the printing and distribution of their ‘What to Expect’ guidance leaflets across Scotland.
The Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 was passed in the Scottish Parliament on 4th February 2016 and came into effect on 1st April 2019. The act will ensure better and more consistent support for carers and young carers. The Act is designed to support carers’ health & wellbeing and help make caring more sustainable.
The Coalition of Carers in Scotland worked with a variety of carers, carer organisations and health & social care staff to co-design a set of leaflets that set out what the new rights are and what to expect. The Coalition produced an overview leaflet which provides information on the Act as a whole in addition to six individual leaflets which focus on:
- What to expect – When you make an adult carer support plan
- What to expect – If the person you care for is being assessed
- What to expect – When you are considering a short break
- What to expect – when accessing Self-Directed Support as a carer
- What to expect – When you make an emergency plan
- What to expect – When the person you care for is discharged from hospital